Come and join in the further adventures of Hilary and Sally! They will be retracing their footsteps celebrating the book with singers across Cornwall. Dates so far:
- Friday 10th April – 7.30pm. Helston Museum Literary Festival. Shout Kernow book talk, with Red River Singers.
http://www.museumsincornwall.org.uk/Little-Local-Lit-Fest/Events/Helston-Museum/Museum-Events/ Helston Museum, Market Place, Helston TR13 8TH 01326 564027
- Thursday16th April, 7pm, Bewnans Kernow course – Landithy Hall, Church Road, Madron, Penzance. TR20 8SN.
This five week course will explore the treasures to be found in the Shout Kernow pages; you will hear the wonderful tales of Hilary and Sally’s adventures into the world of Cornish pub singing; what the songs are, where they come from and who is singing and composing them.
We will also be learning very informally, some of the songs and harmonies too. Song words will be available and no music reading skills are necessary.
- Sunday 26th April – King Edward Mine Open Day. Time 1.30-2pm. Red River Singers – singing! (Opportunity for books for sale). Troon, Camborne, Cornwall TR14 9DP http://www.kingedwardmine.co.uk/news-and-events/
- 22nd – 25th May Dalla at IOS folk festival including Shout K ernow celebration with IOS singers, Isles of Scilly Folk Festival: http://www.visitislesofscilly.com/news-events/events/scilly-folk-festival-2015
- Thursday 4th June TBC – Book launch at Waterstones, Truro, 11 Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2QU 01872 225765
- 3-5th July Cornish Music Festival at The Seiners Inn, inc Shout Kernow celebration with Perraners, The Seiners Inn, Perranporth, Beach Road, Perranporth, Cornwall TR6 0JL 01872 573118. https://www.facebook.com/SeinersArms?fref=ts
- Friday 11th September – Kresen Kernow. Time TBC. Shout Kernow talk, Cornish Studies Library, Alma Place, Redruth TR15 2AT, 01209 216760
Also every first Sunday of the month, shout at The Countryman Inn, Piece, Redruth, Cornwall TR16 6SG 01209 215960
To find out more about shouts across Cornwall see Shout Kernow Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/shoutkernow?fref=ts